- The descent to Dolgarrog (by the inland surfing lake) is currently signed and closed. Although passable it is now getting overgrown.
- Go via the Colwyd reservoir if the weather is good.
- New for 2022 - Sadly the technical descent via Llyn Crafnant to Capel Curig has all been sanitised with a smooth, wide stone track.
- The Red route option (Map 2) to Llan Ffestiniog is a very tough climb through an old quarry and the descent has been tarmaced!
- The Black Lion near Strata Florida is very nice
- Hafod Hotel at Devil's Bridge is bike friendly and in a stunning location.
- Eco retreats and the Centre for alternative technology, south of Corris (before Machynlleth) are both very nice.
- At Nantyarian, if struggling (for time or energy) be aware its a tough going crossing the valley to Devil's Bridge, but there is an easier road option - follow the A44 (left) to Ponterwyd, then right on the A4120, to Devil's Bridge.
- The trail past Strata Florida can get extremely wet, so it is advisable to use the detour shown on the map if you don't like getting wet feet (and shins!).
- Don't use the bridleway past the Dolgoch YHA, stick to the road as per the map & instructions.
- The Doethie Valley can become overgrown (with ferns) if access and grazing restrictions are in place, but you can join via the farm at Nant-llwyd. If very wet, avoid it totally by continuing south on the road beside Llyn Brianne reservoir, to Rhandirmwyn.
- Sadly the excellent Level Crossing bunkhouse in Llandovery has closed.
- Pentre Stables B&B & the pub at Glyntawe (south of the Black Mountain) are both very good.
- Leave the Skyline to join the new Blade trail to Glyncorrwg. Caution, the GPX file may vary due to changes made to the man-made trails here.
C2C Ilfracoombe to Plymouth
- Park and leave your car at Mullacott farm (www.mullacottfarm.co.uk or 01271 866877). They also have a camping and a YHA camping barn here.
- Lovistone Cottage B&B in Instow is nice (and close to the trail) tel: 01271 860676.
- The Fox & Hounds camping barn and B&B in Lydford is good, tel: 01822 820206
- There are some good man-made trails in Bedgebury Forest. Parking is expensive here though.
- Alternative smoother and sometimes less busy downhill from Beeding Hill to A283, on single track bridleway.
- Mountain High bike shop in Pangbourne is now no longer there, but Parkhurst Cycles is, over the road in the industrial park.
- Oxford route needs updating - best avoided for now...
- Avebury village makes a nice start point.
- The YHA above Goring is still a bunkhouse but not a YHA.
- There is a nice pub in Stoke Row
- Good campsite (White Mark farm) right on the Ridgeway at Watlington, GR 698/939 on tel: 01491 612295
- Great chocolate cafe in Wendover.
- There is a permissive bridleway from Hastoe to Wigginton.
- Popular horse riding area and suffers in the wet.
South Downs Way
- At point no.12 don't try to tunnel under the road, we meant to say 'go across the A24 road' not under it. It is a nasty crossing, so we advise using the alternative route signposted at GR105/119 via Washington village.
- There is a new bridge over the A26 road (point 17/18) GR432/056.
- After crossing the river Ouse and trainline, turn right by/before the YHA & (Itford) farm buildings, past the pods, using a footbridge over the A26. There is a nice cafe (and a water tap) at the YHA too.
- There is a now a water tap at Amberley (TQ 024/124) and at the YHA on Truleigh Hill (TQ 220/105).
- There are waymarked trails here now: 1km Green, 10km Blue and 13km Red route. However there is still some great natural riding hidden in the forest.
- Things have changed pretty significanly here now. We would now suggest basically following the outside edge of the common, where there is a thin line of trees (with some fun singletrack). It runs virtually all the way around the common. We'll have another route to download very shortly, or e-mail if you want the GPX for a trip if going soon.
North & South Downs - no.15 Harrietsham
- Please pass around Oakenpole Wood (on the road) as the track marked with a black line on the map, is now no longer a permissive path for cyclists.
- The last couple of fields are extremely muddy in bad weather
UK Breaks with Bikes
- Black Mountains route no91 is now best ridden in reverse since the Y Das trails has been 'improved' finally settling the age old debate over which direction this route is best ridden.