WalesDuro22 - 2-3rd July
Date: Sat 2 Jul, 2022 - Sun 3 Jul, 2022
Venue: Menai Bridge, Bangor
2 day self-supported gravel bikepacking ride from North to South Wales. The route cuts a line through Snowdonia, down the remote gravel tracks of mid-Wales, and through the Brecon Beacons. 5 timed segments each day.
#WalesDURO22 runs on the first full weekend in July:
- Start: Sat 2 July 2022 from the road below Menai bridge, Bangor [we'd advise starting at 8am at the latest as Day 1 is a biggie]
- We may have to limit the number of riders we host at Daf's farm for food/camping.
- End: ~9pm Sun 3 July 2022 in Cardiff
- The route is just over 300km long with 6,500m of ascent and lots of off-road (~30% of the distance, >50% of the time), to be ridden in two days
- You will most likely ride some of this route in the dark so front and rear lights are obligatory
- This route is MADE for gravel/adventure bikes. You'll need to get your head down on the road to get the miles in and the route regularly jumps off-road so >30mm tyres are recommended
- There are 5 timed segments each day designed to test riders' strength, bike handling, and determination on a variety of surfaces over mixed terrain
Click here for more details