Dunoon Dirt Dash - 1st-2nd October
Date: Sun 2 Oct, 2022
The Surly Dunoon Dirt Dash is a self-supported bikepacking event on the beautiful Cowal Peninsula near Glasgow, split over two days with an overnight camp on 1/2 October 2022. This is the perfect way to experience the rugged beauty of Argyll, Scotland’s Adventure Coast, with fine gravel riding, camaraderie, camping and castles.
Here is what 2021 participants say about the event:
'It was a great experience! Challenging and satisfying in equal measure.’
'My first bikepacking event was everything I could have hoped for.’
'Thanks for a truly brilliant weekend!'
The basics you need to know before entering:
- When: Saturday 1 October to Sunday 2 October 2022
- Format: non-timed, self-supported reliability trial with overnight camping
- Route: around 132 km with 2750 m of climbing. PLEASE NOTE: There have been hike-a-bike sections on both days in the events in 2019/21. We haven't got a finalised route until shortly before the event, so prepare for rough and rugged terrain.
- Entries: Early Bird until 1/01/2022 £85, afterwards £90. Cycling UK members get £5 off.
- Navigation: The route will be supplied electronically before the event. The course is not marked, you are responsible for your own navigation.
- Bikes: mountain bikes & gravel bikes (e-bikes are allowed, but we cannot guarantee charging points) with a minimum recommended tire size of 40mm, which must be in good working order
- Terrain: Singletrack, gravel paths, forestry roads, public roads, cycle paths and terrain without an obvious route choice
- Start: 9am at Dunoon Victorian Pier
- Finish: Sunday afternoon/evening in Dunoon
- What is provided: Rider briefing, route for navigation, campsite, evening meal and brekfast, broom wagon
- Camping: We provide a suitable place to pitch your tent with other riders, toilets, drinking water supply and catering. There are no other facilities (shop etc.) on site.
- Food: Riders will be provided with a complimentary evening meal & breakfast by Winston Churchill Venison. Vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free food is available on request (please let us know when you sign up). You need to bring your own bowl, mug, fork and spoon.
- Minimum kit: Helmet, front and rear lights, sufficient water, emergency blanket or sleeping bag, waterproof jacket, first aid kit, face mask, hand sanitiser, phone or GPS for navigation, multitool, spare tube, tire levers, puncture repair kit, tent/bivvy bag/tarp. You need to carry all your own kit.
- Insurance: You will need your own insurance.
- Refunds: No refunds.
Click here for more details